What is cyber security?
Cybersecurity is still on form. With the millions of devices around the globe, billions of websites and applications, there will always be a threat. Everything that exists has a threat as so online kinds of stuff. So eliminating or subduing any form of threat, a cybersecurity engineer is needed. The cybersecurity world is a vast one so, let’s take it bit by bit.
Cybersecurity also called information security (IT security) is the practice of safeguarding systems, networks, programs that store information, from online attacks. It is an action to fight against any form of threat either internal or external, against a computer system or network.
There are so many cyberattacks, few out of many are:
- DOS (Denial of service) attacks
- DDOS (Distributed Denial of service) attacks
- Malware such as ransomware, viruses
- DNS (Domain name system) poisoning
- DOS: DOS attack is also called Denial of Service attack. It is an attack that shuts down the system or machine making it out of reach to its users. This is possible by crowding the particular machine or network with traffic or relaying information that will make it shut down. In this form of attack, DOS does not allow real users to access their network or machine.
- A DDOS attack is also called Distributed Denial of Service attack. This form of attack is like the previous one, DOS. Unlike DOS DDOS uses different sources to attack a particular network or machine. This will prevent easy blocking making blocking very hard for the company in charge. Read about DDOS and DOS here.
- Malware. Malware is also called Malicious Software. Malware is any piece of software, application, file, or code designed typically to corrupt a network. Corrupting a network can be in form of viruses, ransomware, etc.
- Backdoors attack: A backdoor is similar to a malware type of attack whereby the hacker gains illegal access to a website. The hacker distributes the malware in places that are not well secured.
- DNS poisoning: Also called DNS spoofing is a deceptive attack in which a user’s web destination is redirected to another fake website that looks like the user’s intended destination for phishing and stealing information about the user. Read more about DNS Spoofing
- Cyberjacking: This is one of the main cyber threats in the world today. It has been a major threat and problem for networks. Cyberjacking is a form of threat in which a hacker rewrites the system software and embeds himself deeply into the computer network. This type of threat is difficult to detect and eradicate. The best way to eradicate this type of threat is to wipe out your server.
Types of Cyber Security
- Cloud Security
- Network Security
- Application Security
- Cloud Security: For years, cloud-based storage has become popular over the years. Examples, are AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, iCloud, etc.
- Network Security: This guards the network against threats. They include firewalls, antivirus software, anti-spy software, etc.
- Application Security: Protect your applications from being threatened. Examples are firewalls, antivirus software.
Valuable info. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and
I’m shocked why this twist of fate didn’t took place in advance!
I bookmarked it.