The deliberate studies of climate change ever since the pronouncement of global warming, that is, the sustained increase in the average temperature of the earth sufficient to bring about climate change in 1976, has brought about the invention of green technology on planet Earth.
A simplification of the terms “green” and “technology” implies a wide range of different and usable knowledge that brings about a clean environment. So, what does it do? More light will be shed on it in this edifying piece.
What does the Green Technology Entail?
It is the application of one or more environmental science, environmental monitoring, green chemistry and electronic devices to monitor models and conserve the natural environment and resources that aid the curbing of negative impacts of human development. It is also known as Envirotech, GreenTech and Ecotech. This technology is referred to as environmentally friendly energy production, the usage of alternative fuel and technologies that are less harmful to nature.
This includes sustainable energy generation technologies like solar energy, wind turbines and photovoltaics, which are successful green technologies being used presently against fossil fuel burning.
Green Tech also means any human activity that reduces the release of harmful substances like CO², NO², SO², CFCs, and other greenhouse gases into the natural environment. It covers both products and services that are environmentally friendly. It also comprises atmospheric science, hydrology, material science, energy, scientific research etc. Its aim is to protect, repair past damage, preserve and conserve natural resources.
According to the chronicle of green technology, scientists began to observe and understand the effects/ impacts of burning fossil fuels and began to sound warning of the consequences relating to health, and the need to protect natural resources in the early 1990s.
Forms of GreenTech.
- Digitally sustainable agriculture and composting: Machine learning and artificial intelligence are used on GreenTech farms, from organic farming techniques which can reduce the damage from feed, maintain emissions and exhaustion to the soil. Moreso, some countries have banned the disposing of food stuff in the waste bins, thereby requiring people to make worm bins from food waste.
- Vertical Farming: farmers now grow their produce in stacked vertical layers instead of horizontal layers because they do not require much soil and water.
- Recycling : materials like paper, glass, metal and plastic waste are the most recycled because they do not decay that is why some restaurants have done away with the use of plastics and nylon to help in sustaining the use of biodegradable.
- Carbon capture: these technologies are to remove greenhouse gases production from the atmosphere.
- Alternative energy: these include tidal energy, geothermal and other viable alternative sources of energy.
- Greenhouses: buildings used to grow plants by trapping heat from sunlight all year round, no matter the season.
- Solar Panels: the cheapest form of Green energy is the solar power. These panels are so efficient and require less energy use.
- Wind turbines.
- LED lighting: these bulbs use less energy than the regular incandescent light.
- Electric Vehicles: wireless charging capability is a better alternative than a premium spirit-powered vehicle.
- Low emission vehicles.
- Water conservation Tech.
Great Methods of Using Green Tech
1. By using wind power to sustain your business and home-purpose activities.
2. Accepting sun-powered devices to be utilized in homes and businesses.
3. Through water handling utilization, administering the reuse of water waste and reducing wastage of water, e.g encouraging the use of showers instead of taps.
1. Global weirding: is a term referring to global warming as a belief that climate change will cause various weather-related extremes from cold and hot weather to become more intense.
2. Recycling: is the practice of collecting and sorting waste materials for new use.
3. LED: simply means light emitting diode.
4. Greenhouse effect: this is the process by which a plant is warmer by its atmosphere.
5. Wind turbines: they are devices used for converting wind power into electricity.
6. Photovoltaics: This technology is the conversion of sunlight into electricity using semiconductors that exhibit the photovoltaic effect.
7. Carbon sequestration: the natural removal of excess CO² from the atmosphere.
Conclusively, green technology is one of the cheapest type of technology available at present, more effort is needed individually to curb the action of climate change. Be intentional about your waste disposal.