There has been an awakening of interest in the metaverse initiated by Mark Zuckerberg’s rebranding of Facebook and its other social media masterpiece to “Meta”. Companies like Samsung, Adidas,WalMart, Nike , Microsoft and Disney race to get metaverse on the ground floor with their presence on it. This has brought a new era of VR experience in health, gaming, shopping, online learning, e-commerce and other digital connections.
Different Opinions about the Metaverse.
Popular Virtual worlds.
Shocking facts about the Metaverse.
Significant ways of earning money on metaverse
The Metaverse is described as a hypothetical future internet created by the convergence of virtually enhanced physical reality and physically persistent virtual space. It is also known as Web3. It includes crypto-currencies, NFTs, digital streets, gaming planets and galleries. It permits travelling across a network of virtual worlds with a single identity. The cool thing is that it helps to expand the internet capacity and no one owns it, everyone is the ultimate owner of avatars and in-game assets.
Within the Metaverse, a user gets to experience real life situations because it is a combination of virtual worlds built using blockchain technology. The blockchain specifies ownership of virtual objects. To access the metaverse, you have to understand the platforms you wish to enter by researching the virtual worlds and selecting the one that suits best before going to meta dot IO.
Various takes on the Metaverse
1. Louis Rosenberg ( CEO, unanimous AI) predicts that by the middle of 2020s there will be a transition from mobile phones to augmented reality hardware, which will be completed by 2035. AR wears will be worn from the moment people wake up till they fall asleep.
2. Sean McGregor ( technical lead, IBM Watson AI XPRIZE) says that” with every great technological revolution comes a great disastrous revolution in the social system.
3. Melissa Sassi says that digital twins in healthcare will be incredibly powerful as regards predictive modeling of diseases.
4. Jonathan Kolber expects the demand for all types of physical objects to diminish as time goes on.
5. Elon Musk doesn’t buy the idea of commiting himself to the metaverse because he feels the ideology of people wearing head-mounted devices all day is not realistic as people will find investing 8hours+ on the metaverse wasteful.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it owned by Facebook? It isn’t owned by ‘Meta’ i.e Facebook, but it is a 3D virtual world for socializing, exploring and shopping.
- The term ‘Meta’ means what? It means a higher order or universe.
- Can I make money on metaverse? Of course, just like on the internet.
- How many virtual worlds are available at present? At least 10,000 virtual worlds.
- Are there banks on the metaverse? there are some banks available.
Popular Virtual Worlds
- Second Life
- Star Atlas
- The Sandbox
- Phantom Galaxies
- Horizon Worlds.
- Decentral land.
Shocking facts about the Metaverse.
Here are a few facts about the metaverse to fuel your curiosity.
1. You can attend work meetings, fashion shows and sports events virtually.
2. Land and other in-game assets are sold as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) ranging from millions to trillions of dollars.
3. According to a South China morning post, a Gucci bag was sold for $4,115 on Roblox.
4. By 2026, at least one-third of the world’s companies will offer metaverse services.
5. Haptic suits, vests, pants, gloves permit users to feel things in the metaverse.
6. You only require one web3 wallet in the metaverse.
7.Each virtual world has its own crypto-currencies.
8. According to CNBC, Microsoft produced AR headsets for the US Army for $21.9 billion.
9. A couple in UAE had their wedding celebration on Decentral land.
10. The digital avatar is the bridge into the virtual world. They are animated likenesses of yourself made to appear in a digital environment.
Significant ways of earning money on the metaverse.
- Trading NFTs
- Testing of Virtual Products.
- Real estate investment: you can buy land and sell later at a good profit through growth predictions on crypto.
- Virtual freelancing activities.
- Becoming a metaverse architect.
- Using Play-to-earn games: as a fan of video games, you can earn cryptocurrencies while playing.
- Virtual Labour
- Attending Concerts virtually.
- Becoming a virtual shop owner.
- Owning an e-commerce business.
What are your expectations about the metaverse? Please share your views in the comment section below!