The two most common providers of Cloud Services, Camscanner and Google Drive, have quite a lot of users and I bet you are definitely one too. Which of them do you fall into? In this article, we will be looking at the merits and demerits of their usage to improve your knowledge of each of them. Here’s what you need to know before uploading your private information to Camscanner or Google Drive for your personal or business use, as you may prefer.
It is a convenient way of saving and accessing documents from the cloud with added benefits like scanning changing from image to Excel, PDF tools, ID photo maker, PPT, image to text, greeting cards, QR code scanning and lots more.
What offer does it afford?
1. Quality Scanning of Pictures.
A lot of young people like taking pictures with their phones to note down important information about their day-to-day activities, like scanning the lecture notebook to form a softcopy which can be preserved against unforeseen circumstances. These pictures, most of the time, are difficult to fish out from the phone, but the Camscanner’s camera can just do the deal with the aid of optical character recognition (OPR), which assists in searching for pictures without delay when needed.
2. The feature of converting documents into PDF formats with high clarity and quality, good enough for printing, is top notch in Camscanner.
3. E- signature for documents to show the trademark-like properties of a file, Camscanner helps users to do so with an electronic signature.
1. The required watermark on the scanned documents requires payments of $9.99 per month to $59.99 per year or 299 dollars for a lifetime permit.
It is known for its excellent cloud storage services, which gives individuals and organizations the ability to manage various Google products in addition to cloud storage. Let’s look at the pros and cons associated with it.
Exploring the Pros.
1. Bonus Storage Space of 15 GB.
Having an extra 15 gigabytes of space is a great deal and the sweetest part about it is that it is free for all users. This is by far the largest free cloud storage space generated by any other cloud storage service. You can store PDFs, presentations, photos, and videos. This bonus doesn’t stop you from creating a new email address to access another bundle when it gets exhausted and you don’t want to pay for the extra charges that come from storing beyond 15 GB.
2. Secure Sockets Layer Encryption (SSL).
Google Drive has one of the best cyber security encryption to protect all of your data from being hacked.
3. Compatibility with Microsoft Office.
A tremendous feat of Google Drive is the ease at which you can edit and upload Microsoft’s Office files in the cloud. It can basically handle all forms of document format.
4. Creating surveys through Google Forms.
Exploring the Cons.
Every service provider has their limits too. Here are a few Google Drive cons.
1. Google search engine can browse your contents. This may be a surprise to you. If you have sensitive data and files stored on Google Drive, the chances are high that Google has gone through them. The same goes for your Gmail.
2. There’s a limit to the amount of data and files you can store daily. You cannot upload more than 5 TB.
Below are the price ranges for storage on Google Drive:
- 30TB goes for 299.99 USD per month.
- 20 TB goes for 199.99 USD per month.
- 10TB goes for 99.99 USD per month.
- 1 TB goes for 9.99 USD per month.
- 100 GB goes for 1.99 USD per month.
If you are a stout user of any of these cloud storage service providers, subscribe to our newsletters and kindly share your reviews about them in the comments box below.
You have successfully highlighted the pros and cons of Google drive.
But personally, I feel that placing Camscanner and Google Drive on the same pedestal would be improper.
Camscanner’s cloud services is not comparable to Google Drive’s considering the range of services that Google Drive offers.
Camscanner is only knows for the scanning service that they provide, while Google Drive provides other services, of which scanning is just a microservice.