Did you know that Amazon has announced the first pair of Alexa-enabled smart glasses called Echo Frames. The glasses are available by prescription and look like everyday glasses, but they have “custom designed open-ear audio technology” built near the temples. Wearers can ask Alexa to make calls, play music, control smart home devices, and more.
The Echo frames have no screen or camera, which Amazon says is a deliberate move to avoid the stigma associated with Google Glass. Instead, the glasses use a combination of sound and vibration signals to communicate with the wearer. For example, when you receive a notification, the glasses will vibrate and Alexa will read the notification aloud.
The Echo Frame is powered by a small battery that lasts up to 3 hours of continuous use. They can be recharged in the included box. The glasses are available for purchase now for $179.99.
Features of Amazon’s Echo Frame
Echo Frames have a number of features that make them a unique and versatile mobile device. Including:
1. Custom designed open-ear audio technology: The glasses use open-ear acoustic technology, which means you can hear your surroundings while wearing them. This makes them ideal for people who want to be able to be aware of their surroundings when using Alexa.
2. Voice activation: The glasses can be voice-activated, so you can ask Alexa to do things without having to touch them. This makes it a convenient way to control your music, get directions, and more.
3. Notice warning:
Glasses can be used to receive notification alerts, such as text messages, emails, and calendar events. When you receive a notification, the glasses vibrate and Alexa reads the notification aloud.
4. Prescription loans:
The Echo frames are prescription-ready, so you can fit them with your own lenses. This makes it a great choice for those who need to wear glasses.
5. Good battery:
Echo Frames have a battery life of up to 3 hours of continuous use. This means you can wear them all day without worrying about them running out of power.
How to use Amazon’s echo frames
The Echo Frames are easy to use. To activate them, simply say “Alexa”. Once Alexa is activated, you can ask her to do things like:
1. Play music : You can use the Alexa app to browse music and create playlists. You can also connect your Echo Frames to other music services, such as Spotify and Apple Music.
If you’re wearing Echo Frames in a noisy environment, you can enable the “Automatic Volume Adjustment” feature in the Alexa app.
2. Get directions: You can use the touchpad on the right temple of your Echo Frames to control the directions. To pause the directions, tap the touchpad. To resume the directions, double tap the touchpad.
You can also ask Alexa to adjust the volume of the directions. To do this, say “Alexa, increase the volume of the directions” or “Alexa, decrease the volume of the directions.” If you’re wearing Echo Frames in a noisy environment, you can enable the “Automatic Volume Adjustment” feature in the Alexa app. This will automatically adjust the volume of your music and that of the surrounding.
3. Set timers: You can also set timers by tapping the action button on your Echo Frames. To do this, follow these steps:
I. Press and hold the action button for 3 seconds.
II. Speak the number of minutes for the timer. For example, you could say “10 minutes.” Alexa will confirm the timer and start counting down.
4. Make calls: To answer a call on your Echo Frames, simply swipe up on the touchpad on the right temple of the frames. To end a call, swipe down on the touchpad. You can’t make video calls with Echo Frames.
5. Send messages
6. Control smart home devices
You can also use the Echo Frames to get information, such as the weather forecast, the news, and sports scores.
The Amazon Echo Frames are a unique and versatile wearable device that offer a variety of features. They’re a great option for people who want to be able to stay connected and productive while they’re on the go.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Echo Frames, you can visit the Amazon website.